Listeria, Ecoli & More
Urban birds are great opportunists and carry a variety of diseases such as Ornithosis, Listeria and Ecoli that can be transmitted to humans, dry pigeon droppings can become airborne causing respiratory complaints such as psittacosis. Bird droppings are acidic and can corrode/erode stonework and brickwork, buildings covered in fouling look unpleasant, can smell and give a poor first image of the business. To thrive urban birds need a nesting site and a reliable food source nearby, all bird species are protected by legislation and must be dealt with humanely.
Specialists Tools & Equipment
Bird prevention, proofing and control is a highly specialised skill, requiring specialist equipment and tools. The following methods can be used dependant on the situation:
- Bird Netting provides a long-term impenetrable barrier.
- Spiking works by protecting the leading edges of buildings to prevent perching/roosting.
- Bird Gels work by affecting the senses and the bird’s ability to perceive into the ultraviolet spectrum and under UV light, appearing as white hot to the birds.
- Post and Wire Systems work by protecting the leading edges of buildings to prevent perching/roosting.
- Pro-Bird Solar Guards these are used to proof solar panels and other gaps
- Daddi Long LegsTM – this prevents birds from perching/roosting ideal for the tops of lamp posts and lights.